how to use curling cream on natural hair

If the idea of using a curl cream as a styler is new to you, check out these quick tips on how to use curl creams. Most curling cream will work for a little while then it’s like someone took away an ingredient in that particular curl cream and it stops giving my hair the luster and moister it needs.

I like to use the Cantu Coconut Curling Cream for my wash n’ go. The following are some of the popular hair creams used by the natural hair community to keep hair moisturized.

Now, how to use curl cream... First, there are some basic rules to follow. To refresh your curls mid-week, you can do a co-wash first before adding more curling cream. Before covering your whole head and ending up with a crunchy flakey mess, test a smaller section of your hair with the cream and your choice of gel to be sure they work well together. Many curls wax poetic about the wonders of flaxseed gel, it just doesn't work for others. APPLY CREAM TO VERY WET HAIR.

It enhances your natural curl pattern and helps fight frizz while adding moisture and shine.

Check out the steps to make it and my results below. Best Curl Cream (Make Your Own Curling Cream) ... As my hair dries after applying this curl cream, it isn’t greasy or heavy like tons of other curl creams. when you are styling your hair after the cleansing process. After some research online I found an easy and cheap recipe for a 'curl cream' leave-in conditioner. To use a curl cream by itself, look for one that says it defines curls or enhances curls. Use a light moisturizing curl cream as a leave-in when your curls are thirsty. Cantu Coconut Curling Cream Review. My hair needs a lot of moisture, but I don’t want to have to use a ton of products to achieve that. Created for all types and lengths of natural curly hair, from short coils to long waves, this lightweight curl-perfecting styler is specifically designed to create full, round, spring-back curls that … 6. In terms of when to use a curling cream, you will use it to twist or style your hair after applying a leave-in conditioner.

Get it from Amazon for $6.79 or Walmart for $11.97 .

It may be goopy, so you may have to adjust the recipe a bit by increasing or decreasing the amount of flax seed as you create it.

To effectively use a curling gel to get structured, defined ringlets, you’ll need to start off with clean hair. The Cantu Coconut Curling Cream can be used alone or as a combination with other holding product such as a gel. ; Working the creme from the root to the end of the hair. Make sure you totally saturate your hair with water before heading in with shampoo. Ahead, the 10 best 4C hair products—from a cleansing conditioner to a leave-in spray—that will moisturize, define, and smooth out your curls.

To refresh your curls mid-week, you can do a co-wash first before adding more curling cream.

A good curl cream that is works to detangle the hair, holds it in place without making your curls stiff, and adds moisture to your hair. In terms of when to use a curling cream, you will use it to twist or style your hair after applying a leave-in conditioner. This is the 5th step in my 5-step wash day system. Years of curly expertise have taught us that there is no universal curly hair product.

Get it from Amazon for $6.79 or Walmart for $11.97 .