psalm 8 amp

See, for instance, Ex 20:3: “You shall have no other gods (Elohim) before Me.” Since there are no capital letters in … Psalm 8:2, KJV: "Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger." Psalm 7-8 Amplified Bible (AMP) The Lord Implored to Defend the Psalmist against the Wicked. (John 13:18) Psalms 45:6 - "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever." TEXT: Psalms 8:1-9; Colossians 2:10; Job 12:10. The glory of God is revealed in His creation. A Psalm of David. The psalmist sees the starry heavens stretched above him as an awesome and spectacular showcase of the majestic power of … Psalm 8 - For the director of music. The God who made all things is the only one worthy of the name that is majestic in all the earth (vv.1, 9). In the use of this Psalm, then, we anticipate that victory, and in the praise we thus celebrate, we go on from strength to strength, till, with him who is our glorious Head, we appear in Zion before God. 9 O L ord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! Psalms 8:6 - "Thou hast put all things under his feet" (Hebrews 2:6-10) Psalms 41:9 - "Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me." Romans 8:17-23.

W. Wilson, D.D., in loc. Now, consider but the scope of the Psalm, as the apostle quoteth it to prove the world to come. Psalm 8:5 LXX reads angels; Heb Elohim is usually translated “God” or “god.” But it can also mean “gods” (with a lowercase “g”) when it is used with reference to the pagan gods of other nations. A. Psalm 8 English Standard Version How Majestic Is Your Name 1 To the choirmaster: according to The Gittith. 2 A Psalm of David. Psalm 8:1-4. One of His names, of course, is Creator. October 23, 2015 by Bethany Darwin. LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! 1 O Lord, our Lord, how excellent (majestic and glorious) is Your name in all the earth! [1] A Psalm of David. In Psalm 8 we are reminded that God is the Creator … 8 the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea, whatever passes along the paths of the seas. D. The ultimate eternal separation from God - Gen. 3:22. You have set your glory above the heavens. This is lesson 8 of 33 in a series of lessons called “Praise God Through the Psalms.” Lesson focus: Through the book of Psalms and the worship of the people of Israel, we get a glimpse into the character of God and how we should rightly respond to Him in worship. He simply begins and ends the psalm by declaring how majestic (kingly) God's name is in all the earth. Some years ago, Time Magazine featured a story about Peter Sellers, a well-known English actor. Modern translations replace "excellent" with terms like "glorious," "great," or "majestic." O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.
Psalm 8:1 Or perhaps to a particular key; meaning uncertain. Whole Psalm. This short Psalm is unique.

Psalm 8:5 LXX reads angels; Heb Elohim is usually translated “God” or “god.” But it can also mean “gods” (with a lowercase “g”) when it is used with reference to the pagan gods of other nations. You have set your glory in the heavens. The article was about him appearing on the Muppet Show & being interviewed by Kermit The Frog. The daily struggle with pain, temptation, guilt and sin - Gen. 3:16-17.
Psalm 8:5 LXX reads angels; Heb Elohim is usually translated “God” or “god.” But it can also mean “gods” (with a lowercase “g”) when it is used with reference to the pagan gods of other nations. Psalm 8 Sunday School Lesson for Kids. C. The progressive death of the body - Gen. 5:5. Psalm 8:1 Or perhaps to a particular key; meaning uncertain. I Will Recount Your Wonderful Deeds 1 To the choirmaster: according to Muth-labben. ILL.

His interview began with Kermit telling Peter, "Now, just relax & be yourself." An Ode of David, [perhaps in a wild, irregular, enthusiastic strain,] which he sang to the Lord concerning the words of Cush, a Benjamite. According to gittith. The immediate loss of intimacy with God - Gen. 3:8. David, the author, never calls the reader to actually do anything. Psalm 8 declares that there is only one Yahweh.