why did kings island close firehawk

The Ohio amusement park announced plans Thursday to retire the roller coaster, which came to the park in 2007. Kings Island announced Thursday that it's giving the ax to its steel roller coaster, "The Firehawk," according to WLWT, our NBC station in Cincinnati. Firehawk has given more than 6.7 million rides since its 2007 opening at Kings Island. MASON, Ohio -- The clock is ticking for one of Kings Island’s 16 roller coasters. The ride, Firehawk, at Kings Island … I've never been to Kings Island, and checked on their website and saw that if you get tickets now, you pay the kids price ($42 instead of $72). Firehawk was never my favorite coaster at Kings Island. The ride is still popular, but park officials say the ride has reached the end of its service life. Say goodbye to Kings Island’s Firehawk. In 2018, I only rode it once before I learned it was closing. Removing Firehawk, and combining its footprint with the neighboring Dinosaurs Alive exhibit (now closed), would open up 20 acres or more for construction of a new giga coaster at Kings Island. It was relocated to Kings Island shortly before Cedar Fair decided to close Geauga Lake in 2007. I have been attending the park since 2007, but I did not take my first ride on Firehawk until 2016. Do you think it's a gamble getting them … They last until September 2020. According to Cleveland.com, Firehawk … Why did Kings Island demolish both Firehawk and Vortex? Removing Firehawk, and combining its footprint with the neighboring Dinosaurs Alive exhibit (now closed), would open up 20 acres or more for construction of a new giga coaster at Kings Island. Its record year came in 2014, when 624,016 rides were given, he said. Firehawk was a flying coaster located in the Coney Mall-X-Base( now known as Area 72) section at Kings Island.It was the first coaster to be constructed in the park since Cedar Fair took over operations in 2006. Long lines and a generally unpleasant ride experience never made it a … Firehawk originally operated under the name of X-Flight at Geauga Lake from 2001 to 2006.