the word female

Of or denoting the sex that produces ova or bears young. See 4 authoritative translations of Female in Spanish with example sentences, phrases and audio pronunciations. Definition of Female in the Definitions.net dictionary. female definition: 1. belonging or relating to women, or the sex that can give birth to young or produce eggs: 2…. The slash just ensures that the combination will be unique and that Word will consider the sequence a separate word from whatever precedes it.

It has several meanings, including use as slang , as euphemism , and as vulgarity .

Synonyms for female at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions.

Find descriptive alternatives for female.

Learn more. 3 synonyms for female genitalia: female genital organ, female genitals, fanny. female synonyms, female pronunciation, female translation, English dictionary definition of female. ) I have the same question (319) Subscribe Subscribe Subscribe to RSS feed . 1. a. noun. The word pussy refers to cats, weakness or cowardice, or female genitalia, in addition to other meanings. a female with small breasts. Female definition, a person bearing two X chromosomes in the cell nuclei and normally having a vagina, a uterus and ovaries, and developing at puberty a relatively rounded body and enlarged breasts, and retaining a beardless face; a girl or woman.

Type \male and Word will "autocorrect" this to ♂. Japanese words for female include 女性, 雌, 婦人, 雌の, 女性の and 雌性.

You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.

Synonyms for female genitalia in Free Thesaurus.

Find descriptive alternatives for female.

Part of this owes to cross-grammar contagion: Unlike male, female has a long and inglorious history as a derogatory noun—its record of disgrace pollutes even a benign phrase like female … b.

See more words with the same meaning: woman, women, female.

Translate Female. See more.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Female, it appears, must now be assumed to reference female dog and thus the slang pejorative for women, used since the 15th century, of bitch,” says slang lexicographer Jonathan Green.

What Is a Female Cat Called? 1. a.

Female cats are typically referred to as "Molly" or "Queen." For as long as I can remember, I've been immediately skeptical of men who use the word "female" to describe women. I wanna preface by excusing the use of “female” in obviously normal contexts like in conversations about biology or when referring to males and females comparatively. This thread is locked.

Female: of, relating to, or marked by qualities traditionally associated with women. Gendered modifiers like female, woman, and lady are a thorny issue in English usage. The word “female” strips a woman of her humanity, reducing her to her sexual parts, and people who use “female” tend to view women through that lens. ), from Medieval Latin femella "a female," from Latin femella "young female, girl," diminutive of femina "woman, a female" ("woman, female," literally "she who suckles," from PIE root *dhe(i)-"to suck").. 7 synonyms of female from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 33 related words, definitions, and antonyms.

Meaning of Female.

0. See also male orgasmic disorder.

female [fe´māl] 1. an individual of the sex that produces ova or bears young. WHEN the Himalayan peasant meets the he-bear in his pride,He shouts to scare the monster, who will often turn aside. Define female.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo springs to mind for termagant, which means a trouble-making woman, prone to fits of violence or brawling.This word is … Of or denoting the sex that produces ova or bears young. Last edited on Nov 29 2001. Male/Female symbols [Word 2010] How do I get the Male and Female symbols in Word 2010?