diet soda intermittent fasting reddit

In this post, we test our blood glucose and ketone levels to find out if adding non-caloric sweeteners, like stevia, Sweet’N’Low, Equal, and Splenda to your morning coffee will break an intermittent fast? Though intermittent fasting is more of an eating pattern than a specific diet, it is critically important to watch what you eat and drink, especially during the fasting period.

WhatsApp. Sugar-free diet drinks get their sweet taste from artificial sweeteners (like aspartame) which can create an insulin response. The 5:2 diet, or The Fast Diet, is a little different than most traditional intermittent fasting schedules. Diet soda and other diet drinks are filled with artificial sweeteners, which can drastically increase sugar cravings, making fasting more challenging. Products are listed in the order from the most preferred to the least preferred during your fasting period if your main intermittent fasting goal is weight loss. The Bottom Line. There happens to be a lot of misinformation floating around the internet (both about intermittent fasting and dieting as a whole category), so I culled a list of some of the top comments and questions on Reddit’s Intermittent Fasting thread and answered them the best I could.

She uses "sweeteners" in her tea (sweet N low, Equal, Stevia etc) and it doesn't affect her blood sugar level. Diet soda doesn't contain any sugar, calories or carbohydrates, so it may seem like it's OK for fasting, but it's not that simple.

Sweeteners in coffee and their effect on intermittent fasting. I haven't noticed anything except bloating because of the carbonation. A similar question was asked about sugar free mints.

The 16:8 diet is a form of intermittent fasting, with a daily eight-hour eating window and a 16-hour fasting window. March 17, 2012 - Posted by Shannon Clark to Intermittent Fasting. LeanGains and Soda: What's the Real Deal? Water. By fasting and then feasting on purpose, intermittent fasting generally means that you consume your calories during a specific window of the day, and choose not to eat food for a larger window of time. During the fasting period, you consume no calories. Here is my weight loss graph from earlier this year doing Intermittent Fasting: I drank diet coke every day all the way down. It also comes in so many seasonal flavors – iced, hot, iced with two pumps of water.

No. Let me start with an anecdote. 0. If diet soda enables you to stick with intermittent fasting then I say go for it. But I'm not just now hopping on the intermittent-fasting bandwagon; I've been a proponent of it for many years. Ingredients in these beverages vary widely as do their effects on blood sugar. Pinterest. However, black coffee, calorie-free sweeteners, diet soda and sugar-free gum are permitted. Yes if they have 0 calories, no if they have calories. ReddIt. Intermittent fasting with diet soda is still healthier than not fasting at all.

Is it good or bad? Bottom Line. Water is your best friend while fasting!

It helped obese people lose weight. Products are listed in the order from the most preferred to the least preferred during your fasting period if your main intermittent fasting goal is weight loss. As you move through the LeanGains diet approach, one thing that you may start to wonder about from time to time is whether you should be drinking diet soda or not. If you don't believe me, check around and you'll find that diet soda isn't on any list of recommended foods for keto (not even in the treat conversations! Today I'm breaking down the deets of diet soda and Intermittent Fasting. by Supplement Police. Telegram. During the fasting period, you consume no calories. Intermittent Fasting is a new diet system that involves eating for approximately 8 hours per day and fasting for the remaining 16 hours. Diet soda doesn't contain any sugar, calories or carbohydrates, so it may seem like it's OK for fasting, but it's not that simple. If you don't believe me, check around and you'll find that diet soda isn't on any list of recommended foods for keto (not even in the treat conversations! The below list provides you answers to the most frequently questioned products and summarizes the effects they have on intermittent fasting.
June 22, 2015. With intermittent fasting, you can eat the foods you want—within reason, of course—without packing on a ton of fat.

... 3 Months Intermittent Fasting + 1 Month Keto. So whether you need diet soda for the caffeine (because you hate black coffee ) or because you need something to drink other than water, then I would say drink diet soda in moderation. But drinking diet sodas with artificial sweetener before a blood test can affect your results.