a little wine is good for the stomach proverbs

Good wine ruins the purse; bad wine ruins the stomach. So I went to the angel, telling him to give me the little book.

Honoring Worthy Elders And Dealing With Sinners. Many Christian advocates of drinking alcoholic wine point to a verse in 1 Timothy. Wine may stimulate heartburn: it stimulates acid production by the stomach. 1 Timothy 5:23 why non-alcoholic wine for Timothy’s stomach See also: Bible says be sober again and again. 22 Do not lay hands upon anyone too hastily and thereby share responsibility for the sins of others; keep yourself free from sin. of heavy hearts or bitter of soul.

“Be no longer a drinker of water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities.” Perhaps the most convenient way to deal with this text is to segment it by its significant points. Paul recommended a little wine to Timothy for his stomach (1 Timothy 5:23) and it was used to dress wounds . 1Ti 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake. Basic English Translation (BBE) Do not take only water as your drink, but take a little wine for the good of your stomach, and because you are frequently ill. Webster's Revision The water of that region is not good. Abundant wine is a blessing from the Lord.

It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble.

In spite of Paul’s well-known admonition to Timothy, “Take a little wine for thy stomach’s sake,” all my experience has been that the milder drinks such as wine and beer have a far more deleterious effect upon the colon than do the stronger ones such as whiskey and rum.

With wine and hope, anything is possible. The water in the area may not have been all that good and pure and it would help his health to drink some wine (grape juice) along instead of water all the time.

Wine mocks those who use it (see Proverbs 20:1) and rewards them with woe, sorrow, strife, and wounds without cause (see Proverbs 23:29, 30). As expected, there was sharp rise in the sale of red wine after that program was aired. A Little Wine is Good for the Stomach!

Drink wine upon figs. Proverbs 31:6 "Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, And wine unto those that be of heavy hearts." There will be nay-sayers, but we have to each find what works.

It is commonly known that grape juice is an excellent health food good for the stomach, good for the digestive tract, and a good blood-purifying agent. Here is a rare example of an unfavourable effect of wine’s special attributes, presumably polyphenolic antioxidants. Be no longer a drinker of water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities. “No longer drink only water, but use a little [oinos] wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities.” (1 Timothy 5:23) Like the Greek term oinos, the meaning of Hebrew yayin is not limited to alcoholic wine. 1 Timothy 5:23, ESV: "(No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.)" And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart. And Paul introduces a secondary purpose for drinking wine: wine not only makes the heart glad, but it is also good medicine.

Wine held in a jar is yours, but wine held in the stomach is its own. However a little wine is good for the sake of your stomach when under great pressure.

The Bible book of Proverbs is filled with warnings against indulging in wine and strong drink (see Proverbs 20:1; 21:17; 23:29-35; 31:4). Alcohol does not. A new Spanish study suggests that sipping about 9 ounces of Merlot or a low-alcohol red wine changed the mix of good and bad bacteria typically … Proverbs 3:9-10 promises that those who are generous toward God will be blessed with plenty of food and wine. Wine brings forth the truth. 1 Timothy 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities. When this was taken in this minimal amount in conjunction with a meal, there was little chance in a non-alcoholic society for it to be personally or socially harmful.

And he *said to me, “Take it and eat it; it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey.” I took the little book out of the angel’s hand and ate it, and in my mouth it was sweet as honey; and when I had eaten it, my stomach …

If …

The Apostle Paul wrote Timothy, "Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

Ecclesiastes 9:7 - Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.