major scale steps

for an F# major scale, you'd start on F#; for an E major scale, you'd start on E; and for an A major scale, you'd start on A, etc. A major scale starts with a keynote and follows the major diatonic pattern of steps, which consists of whole steps and half steps in the following order: I_ whole _ii_ whole _iii_ half _IV_ whole _V_ whole _vi_ whole _vii°_ half _I (next octave) (G-----a-----b-----C-----D-----e-----f#° -----G) To play each major scale on the piano, begin with the piano key that is the name of the scale. A scale starts with the note that names the key. You just have to start on whatever note you choose as to build a major scale on, i.e. Spelling the Major Scale by Whole/Half Steps. A major scale is a diatonic scale.The sequence of intervals between the notes of a major scale is: . In the key of F, your root is F. Follow the interval formula for a major scale (W-W-H-W-W-W-H). There are five whole steps and two half steps in a major scale. MAJOR SCALES: A major scale is a scale that has half steps (H) between scale degrees 3-4 and 7-8 and whole steps between all other pairs of notes. List of All Major Scales with Notes, Diatonic Triads, & Relative Minors. whole, whole, half, whole, whole, whole, half. Relative major and minor scales share the same key signatures. You can think of this like a math formula almost. There are five whole steps and two half steps in a major scale. Here I’ll be explaining how a major scale is constructed and how to use this information to figure out the major scale for any key.

All Major scales follow this same finger pattern!

To make sure you know how to form the scale, I provided a step-by-step. A whole step up from F is G. A whole step up from G is A. Notice the arrow pointing to the steps — every single major scale you work with follows this pattern, using different combinations of black and white keys on the piano, depending on the scale. This note is the tonal center of that key, the note where music in that key feels "at rest". Below we build another major scale but this time starting on a D. A major scale is a series of notes characterized by its relatively happy and positive character.

The aeolian scale begins on the 6th scale degree of the major scale and is also known as a natural minor scale. Major scales have 1/2 steps between the 3rd and 4th notes and between the 7th and 8th notes. Step 2: The Major Scale; Step 3: The Minor Scale; Step 4: The Major Pentatonic Scale; Step 5: The Minor Pentatonic Scale; Step 6: The Blues Scale; Step 7: Learn how to diagnose keys; Step 8: Understand the huge importance of root notes (If you just want an easy scale to solo with scroll down & read about the Minor Pentatonic Scale.