ball of twine meaning

Define ball. Any round or roundish body or mass a sphere or globe as, a ball of twine a ball of snow. ball synonyms, ball pronunciation, ball translation, English dictionary definition of ball. Twelve years later, when the ball weighed two tons, a reporter from the Minneapolis Tribune asked him why. "Miss Wat's nigger, Jim, had a hair-ball as big as your fist, which had been took out of the fourth stomach of an ox, and he used to do magic with it. Information and translations of twine in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web. "My mother taught me not to waste anything," Francis said. Francis A. Johnson was 45 years old when he started rolling scraps of twine from his family's farm into a ball. | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples Ball O' Twine Eric Donaldson Top Eric Donaldson Lyrics You Got To Let Me Go Freedom Street Never On Sunday I Think I Love You Traffic Jam The Lion Sleeps Tonight Got To Get You Off My Mind Love Of The Common People The Price Land Of My Birth Medium: Ball of twine between two brass plates, joined by four long screws, containing unknown object added by Walter Arensberg. They pass out candy to kids, roll miniature versions of the twine ball down the street and have a parade, and … To encircle or coil about: a vine twining a tree. Definition of twine in the Definitions.net dictionary. Based in Clearfield, Utah, we manufacture the highest quality twines for … What does twine mean? Twine definition is - a strong string of two or more strands twisted together. twine meaning: 1. to (cause to) wrap round an object several times: 2. strong string made of two or more pieces…. Translation for 'ball of twine' in the free English-Swedish dictionary and many other Swedish translations. 3. Twine definition: Twine is strong string used especially in gardening and farming . Twine definition: Twine is strong string used especially in gardening and farming . Geography: Made in United States, North and Central America. The tree is located near the Radley's residence, just across the street to be exact. The town had adopted the ball as their own, and even started an annual tradition called Darwin Twine Ball Day, which includes a number of twine ball related activities. 1 "ball of gray twine" 2 "almost perfect miniatures of two children" (Scout and Jem) 1 "whole package of chewing gum" 1 "tarnished medal" (confirmed to be a Spelling Bee medal from before the Finch children were born) 1 "pocket patch that wouldn't run, on a chain with an aluminum knife" Boo is obviously trying to reach out to the children. It is the one of a series of objects that are found inside of a knot-hole inside of a tree. How to use twine in a sentence. Twine is the foundation to both textile and rope making.Twine has been made of animal hair, including human, sinews and plant material, often from the vascular tissue of a plant (known as bast), but also bark and even seed down, e.g. ; ... twine, wrap, wind, roll - arrange or or coil around; "roll your hair around your finger"; "Twine the thread around the spool"; "She wrapped her arms around the child" Any solid spherical, cylindrical, or conical projectile of lead or iron, to be discharged from a firearm as, a cannon ball a rifle ball -- often used collectively as, powder and ball. Darwin, Minnesota. a round body, as a baseball, tennis ball, etc. To twist together (threads, for example); intertwine. Meaning of twine. Learn more. You are looking at a gray or dark ball of wool: be more careful with how you use your energies. Twine definition, a strong thread or string composed of two or more strands twisted together.