kukri vs hatchet

It's more versatile for the weight, can chop either better or the same because its edge geometry and weight forward design, and can baton through whatever you need split. Both are different not only is outlook appearance rather in their working field too.
Box Hatchet [Re: OldBaldGuy] Dan_McI Old Hand Registered: 12/10/07 Posts: 844 Loc: NYC I've intended to get one of the pocket chain saws for a while. DWK2. My main criticism of the Condor HD and many other kuks is the round handle - when I am really beating away on something in a tight space, the blade can get turned slightly so that the edge is not hitting squarely. The axe blade is held on the handle via a bent piece of metal bolted to the blade, which clamps the handle at the end. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > Dec 7, 2009 #1 ... As far as i can tell, tomahawks are good for chopping (but a hatchet probably does that better) or fighting (if you lived 200 years ago). Kukri's are more versatile than an axe or a machete. I own a cheap Kurki (not a machette, just a traditional Kukri) and a Fiskars X7 hatchet. The machete vs hatchet debate is a highly contested one – survivalists and outdoor adventurers from all parts of the world have their own preference in this regard, and vouch for it quite forcefully. Kukri vs. Machete : What is the Difference? And, it’s not suitable for you to take several tools on a trip as the extra burden will result in severe problems. Its name tells very much about this tool. Doesn't exactly weight much more than a large knife or kurki. They are pretty much a compromise between the two. Roughly 2-3 lbs. Either make, or buy one. However, a kukri is neither better than an axe or a machete. Dec 7, 2009 #3. tw4. While the surfaces make them both appear similar, this certainly isn’t the truth. On the other side kukri is hardy design and size between is 40 -45 cm. Kukri vs Hatchet. Kukri all they way! If you are wondering that which model of Kukri will be best for you then there is no need to worry because we have included the top 5 cold steel kukri. Axe will win hands down. I have always thought about gettting or making a Parang or Kukri, & I think that I should do something. There is a well-marked difference lies between kukri and hatchet. At first glance, a kukri and a machete will look very similar, which is what will lead many people to ask this question.

Standard Kukri vs hatchet. But I find that I use my machetes quite a bit during the Spring thru to Fall. An axe or hatchet have a dedicated use but a Kukri is versatile and would serve both purposes well ( chopping and fighting). I look at the kukri as more of a supplement to my axes/hatchets/hawks than a replacement for them. I love them. Even rough carving (eg. This cold steel kukri is the perfect combination of the kukri and machete. However, looks can be deceiving and in fact, these are completely different tools that serve unique purposes. Kukri vs. Hatchet. Battoning for splitting, feathersticks (actually a joy to do, due to huge blade), bushwacking.. all is easier with the kukri I find. Sure I have the hatchets , axes, a homemade & a storebought hawk. Need to get off my butt and do it. This is a discussion on Axe,hatchet, machete, or khukuri within the Broken Arrow forums, part of the Gun Forum category; Never carried a khukuri but I do own a Becker Brute which is very khukuri-like.

Kukri vs Machete: Knowing the Difference. Sure, a hatchet will allow you to deliver more powerful strokes, but it will also get you tired a lot quicker. It's weight and its size make most jobs easy peasy.

But before I go out to make or purchase one, I would like to see some input from the folks here at B&B. Most hawks share this problem to some extent too, but not as much as the kuks. To know which one would work the best for you, you’ll need to engage For most jobs I grab the kukri now a days. Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SlackStatic, Dec 7, 2009. Logged Merit Badges. Dec 7, 2009 #4. Esse Quam Videri. Kukri will win hands down in my book. It’s quite tough to pick a multipurpose tool while going for outing, hiking or camping since there are a number of eminent tools available. I was happy that each tool did a fair job of cutting through a decent sized tree trunk. Nov 3, 2003. A Kukri seems like a much more all around good tool vs an hatchet. Alan Kay really got people excited about the Kukri when he won his season of Alone. You don't have to be a trained Ghurka to use a Kukri. A Hatchet vs. a Tomahawk on a Camping Trip Summer Solstice has come and gone, July 4th is right around the corner, and here at the CRKT® headquarters that means one thing: camping season is here. Axe,hatchet, machete, or khukuri. #136428 - 06/17/08 02:19 PM Re: Coldsteel Kukri vs. Machete vs. Hatchet.
The kukri is heavier than the hatchet, but they both have the same type of grind. 10 Best Kukris of 2020: The Ultimate Kukri Reviews. Machette! I think the versatility edges out the hatchet. Tomahawk vs Kukri? Kukris and machetes look similar, but are actually completely different tools. I have a Cold Steel Royal Kukri and a small hatchet with approximately a 11 inch handle. They were invented by different people in different parts of the world, and they serve completely different purposes.

But you do have to know how to use one to get that kind of cutting power.