follow me up to carlow with lyrics

Follow me up to Carlow.

Roosters of the fighting stock. Curse and swear Lord Kildare, Fiach will do what Fiach will dare Now FitzWilliam, have a care Fallen is your star, low. Lift Mac Cahir Òg your face Broodin' o'er the old disgrace That Black Fitzwilliam stormed your place And drove you to the fern Gray said victory was sure Lyrics to 'Follow Me Up To Carlow' by Scythian. Lift MacCahir Og your face, brooding o'er the old disgrace when Black Fitzwilliam stormed your place and drove you to the fern.

On we'll go for by the lord. See the swords of Glen Imayle. Follow me up to Carlow. He sent you to the Fern. You're brooding o'er you're old disgrace. Up with halberd out with sword On we'll go for by the lord Feach MacHugh has given the word, Follow me up to Carlow.

Now from Tassagart to Clonmore, there flows a stream of Saxon gore And great is Rory Og OMore Follow me up to[Dm] Carlow. Follow Me Up to Carlow Fiach Mac Hugh O’Byrne Story explained Fiach MacHugh has given the word Battle of Glenmalure Follow Me up to Carlow Videos

The lyrics to Follow Me Up to Carlow were written by P J McCall in the late 19th century – a good 200 years after the events the song describes.

See the swords of Glen Imayle, flashing o’er the English Pale See all the children of the Gael, beneath O’Byrne’s banners Rooster of a fighting stock, would you let a Saxon cock Crow out upon an Irish rock, fly up and teach him manners. They're flashing over the English pale. Grey said victory was sure soon the firebrand he'd secure Til he met at Glenmalure with Fiach MacHugh O'Byrne

Although the sheet music is in the key of Am, I have set the tin whistle notes to be played on a D whistle. It’s often described as being about the victory of Fiach MacHugh O’Byrne at the Battle of Glenmalure in 1580, but a close examination of the lyrics show that there’s more to it than that.

Lyrics to 'Follow Me Up to Carlow' by The High Kings.

Fiach MacHugh has given the word. Follow Me Up to Carlow Lyrics. Curse and swear Lord Kildare, Fiach will do what Fiach will dare Now FitzWilliam, have a care Fallen is your star, low. Fly up and teach him manners! Beneath O'Byrne's banners. Lift MacCahir Og your face. Follow Me Up To Carlow Lyrics: Lift, McCahir Og, your face / Still brooding over the old disgrace?

Fly up and we'll teach him manners. Up with halberd out with sword On we'll go for by the lord Fiach MacHugh has given the word, Follow me up to Carlow. Follow me up to Carlow. Follow Me Up To Carlow describes the events of the Second Desmond Rebellion in 1580 celebrating the defeat of an army of 3,000 English soldiers led by Fiach MacHugh O'Byrne at the Battle of Glenmalure. That black FitzWilliam stormed your place. Up with halberd, out with sword. Follow Me Up to Carlow Fiach Mac Hugh O’Byrne Fiach MacHugh has given the word Battle of Glenmalure Follow Me up to Carlow Videos Lyrics and chords. Curse and swear Lord Kildare, Fiach will do what Fiach will dare Now Fitzwilliam have a care, fallen is your star low Up with Halberd out with sword, on we'll go for by the Lord Fiach MacHugh has given his word. check amazon for Follow Me Up To Carlow mp3 download these lyrics are submitted by mxm4 browse other artists under H:H2 H3 H4 Songwriter(s): Finbarr Clancy, Brian Dunphy, Darren Holden, Martin Furey Record Label(s): 2016 Celtic Collections Official lyrics by

See all the children of the Gael. Up with halberd out with sword On we'll go for by the lord Fiach MacHugh has given the word, Follow me up to Carlow.

From Saggart to Clonmore, there flows a …