8 pin power connector

So I upgraded to a 4770k yesterday, and along with that came the need for a new motherboard. A single 8 pin connector will deliver the same amount of power as two 6 pin connectors, which is 150W. So, I almost chose the Corsair RM650i/750i PSU but then found out it had only one CPU power connector which is 4+4pin. Grounding the “Sense B” pin tells the GPU that an 8 pin had been plugged in. Power connector pinout. Looking at a pinout of both connectors, it occurred to me that a modification should be quite simple. So the question here is … I have a T3600 with the 635w power supply. I've got everything installed and up and running, but what I noticed is that the 4/8 pin connection on the motherboard that is for the CPU, where as all 8 of the pins from my PSU worked on … Turns out 6->8 pin conversion is not that hard to do.

Hi Guys, So I recently bought a new motherboard which happens to have an 8 pin and a 4 pin ATX CPU Power connectors. I have paired it with an i7 6700K.

GoIrish80 5 years ago #1.

According to this video at 04:21 (), the second one feeds PCI-E slots.

Seasonic Focus Plus Gold/Platinum 650W also has only one 4+4pin cable, to have two 4+4pin cables you need to buy at least … source Because the 6-pin specification only specifies two 12V wires are required, you might not be able to provide enough power. If it is, I was wondering if it will have any effect on my single GPU and whether it’s necessary to plug that second connector at all. The 6-pin PCI-E power connector specification includes two 12V wires and three ground wires and has a rated maximum power output of 75W. The 8-pin includes three 12V wires and 5 ground wires and has a rated power output of 150W. The T3600 I have has two 6-pin connectors, both of which originate from a single 8-pin connector on the power supply board. However my corsair RM650 has only one such 8 pin connector and NOT the additional 4 pin. I want to put a video card in it which has two 8-pin power connectors.

However, some power … However, I needed an 8 pin GPU power connector and the spare PSU had only a 6 pin.

As for why it uses an extra connector; Card manufactures must decide how they want to power their cards, some may make the motherboard supply the maximum 75w the PCIe slot can provide, and supply the rest through another power connector.

Question about 4/8 pin 12V CPU power connector on motherboard; User Info: GoIrish80. Hi! My motherboard has (8+8)-pin EPS connectors. The PSU will have at least 2 PCIe power leads, probably as 6+2 connectors, which can be used as both a 6 pin or an 8 pin.