C melody saxophone

The C melody saxophone is a saxophone pitched in the key of C, one whole step above the B-flat tenor saxophone.In the UK it is sometimes referred to as a "C tenor", and in France as a "tenor en ut". Account & Lists Sign in Account & Lists Returns & Orders. For more details on the history of C Melody Saxophones, you may check out: A View of the C: The Fall and Rise of the C-melody Saxophone by John Robert Brown (note that the closing comments about a new style of C melody saxophone with different fingerings don’t really apply to 99.999% of sax players today.) Also, manufacturers wanted to produce saxophone with quality and durable features. A now obsolete member of the saxophone family, from one of America's premier horns builders in the mid 1900's - and perhaps one of the very last examples of Martin's run of C Melody horns.

Several companies also make modern C-Melody mouthpieces that will take alto or tenor reeds. ... C melody $ 800 Alto $1000 Tenor $1200 Baritone $1800 Bass $ 7500 . All This is much like the design of the King saxophones shown above. The C melody saxophone is properly called the C tenor saxophone. Skip to main content Hello, Sign in. The Low C Key Arm Amazon.com: C melody saxophone. Perhaps the rarest C-melody saxophones of all are Conn "Transitionals" with the so-called Conn 10M-style "Naked Lady" on the bell. Vintage Saxophone Value Guide. Otherwise, a few companies are still making reeds for the c-melody, and although most music stores don't carry them, they are often available on special order. Many C-Melody players use bass clarinet reeds. Thomann CMS-600 S C- Melody Sax - first impressions Sgeir, 31.10.2018 I usually play Bb tenor or Eb alto with jazz musicians, but do occasionally enjoy playing with blues or rock musicians who tend to play in keys that suit the guitar, like E and A major. Account & Lists Sign in Account & Lists Returns & Orders. Reviews Of The Best Two C Melody Saxophone C Melody Saxophone For Sale FidgetFidget Professional Gold brass C Melody sax. Conn C Melody Sax. When I set out to prepare a reference guide for pricing vintage horns, I did so with the clear understanding that it’s not a perfect world, and that the preparation of a perfect value guide would be impossible. The Feather C Melody Saxophone Microphone with Flexible Micro-Gooseneck by Myers Pickups Selmer S-80 C* Mouthpiece for Alto Saxophone (S402C1) 4.7 out of 5 stars 181 I have to say that what you're looking at here is quite possibly one of the finest examples of a C Melody … Re: C-melody mouthpiece question Try Aquilasax. I've seen 3 examples (only in photos) in my entire life. Size The C melody will be around 24″ in length from the socket to the end of the body tube. All Try Prime Cart. The reason it got called the C melody, is because it is pitched in the key of C, meaning it can play along with the melodies of the piano. Try Prime Cart. The Bell The bell on the C melody points more upward, while on the Bb tenor it points more forward. This mouthpiece has an interior specifically designed for the C-Melody Saxophone. Thomann CMS-600 S C- Melody Sax - first impressions Sgeir, 31.10.2018 I usually play Bb tenor or Eb alto with jazz musicians, but do occasionally enjoy playing with blues or rock musicians who tend to play in keys that suit the guitar, like E and A major. Amazon.com: C melody saxophone. They fit quite well. Skip to main content Hello, Sign in. How can you tell a C melody from a Bb tenor if it’s a goose-neck Conn? I've only seen a few photos. 99 VINTAGE SAXOPHONE VALUE GUIDE.