300 whisper load data

Bookmark the … In the early 1990s J.D. Cartridge cases can be formed from existing .223/5.56 cases, by cutting on a bandsaw, trimming and full-length sizing. 300 WHISPER. There’s no real good load data for 300 BLK yet for the bullet weights I’m using, so since 300 Whisper is a lower pressure load one assumes it to be safe to use interchangeably. This entry was posted in Load Data, Reloading and tagged 300 AAC Blackout, 300 BLK, 300 Fireball, 300 Whisper, Advanced Armament Corp., blackout cartridge, Remington, wildcats. They recently published updated and expanded data for the .300 AAC Blackout caliber getting into more subsonic and heavier grain weight data; two areas that are typically lacking for … Read All NOTES below. .300 Whisper Load Data Handloading the .300 Whisper and AAC Blackout is no different than most other bottleneck rifle rounds. Well, there is not much extensive data for reloading either, but Sierra Bullets is trying to help change that. (The ballistic performance similarity.) The photo shows a 300 Whisper loaded with a Berger 125, with a Sierra … 300 Ruger Compact Magnum (RCM) Load Data; 308 Norma Magnum Load Data; 30-06 Springfield Ackley Improved Load Data; 300 Rem Short Action Ultra Magnum Load Data; 300 Holland & Holland (H&H) Magnum Load Data; 300 Winchester Short Magnum (WSM) Load Data; 300 Winchester Magnum Load Data; 300 Weatherby Magnum Load Data; 30 Nosler Load Data Jones of SSK Industries began developing a wildcat cartridge (at the request of US military Special Forces) that became known as the .300 Whisper. So, being the cautious guy I am, I started my load at 11 grains of H110. This is not only a match made in heaven for your 300 Blackout rounds, but they will also do very well with a variety of rounds that are mostly designed for varmint hunting. Small game loads fall within almost the same velocity range as do the gallery loads and that’s another subject. Re: Hornady 8th Edition Manual, 300 Whisper data for 300 Blackout? Te c h n i c a l l o a d i n g b e n c h Ma y 2008 aM e r i c a n rifle M an P rolific wildcatter J.D. I had never heard of this caliber until a shooting club buddy of mine in Paraguay begged me to bring him a 10 inch SSK 300 whisper barrel for his Thompson Contender back in 2000. Brass is readily available, so tediously reforming .223/5.56 cases is no longer necessary.

NOTE: Data Sources: Hodgdon, Western Powders, Lee Precision, Sierra. In either loading, the .300 Blackout and Whisper do not use much powder per shot, so if you reload, powder costs are about as small as they get. It was based on the .221 Remington Fireball case necked to .30 caliber and had an overall length of 2.260 inches - same as the .223 Remington - allowing it to function in the AR-15 rifles and magazines. .300 Whisper / .300 AAC Blackout / .300 Blackout (Hodgdon Data) reloading data with 73 … .300 Blackout Loads for a Bolt Rifle Whisper to Blackout CSharles E. Petty ome years ago I spent some time shooting with J.D.

11 grains is sufficient to cycle the action. I won’t address the gallery load, as normally, the velocity is a bit higher on these. Simple solution… reload!