submarine vs aircraft carrier

Sweden's Super Stealth Submarines Are So Lethal They 'Sank' a U.S. Aircraft Carrier. "Submarine aircraft carrier" vs "Aircraft carrier submarine" I never understood why people use the term "Submarine aircraft carrier", because it makes no sense. by Kyle Mizokami At the tail end of the Cold War, the Soviet Union produced a number of unique aircraft carriers. In 2005, the USS Ronald Reagan met its match in the form of a single, diesel-powered Swedish submarine. The I-400-class submarine (伊四百型潜水艦, I-yon-hyaku-gata sensuikan) Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) submarines were the largest submarines of World War II and remained the largest ever built until the construction of nuclear ballistic missile submarines in the 1960s. Dubbed AN-1, the submarine aircraft carrier concept envisioned using a modified version of the Halibut-class guided missile submarine. Submarines and aircraft carriers each underwent a series of revolutions in the wake of World War II. Always cool to see how some countries can really push the limits to test the lethality of their equipment. Regarding the latter, the development of “true” submarines by Germany in the last year of the war changed the fundamentals of anti-submarine warfare by eliminating the necessity for subs to operate on the surface.

The Halibut was larger than most boats; the reason was so … Dark Docs 1,085,101 views And other nations are building similiar boats. The Swedish Submarine that Sank a US Aircraft Carrier - Duration: 11:32. Russia's Super Strange Kiev-Class Aircraft Carriers: Submarine and Carrier-Killer?

Submarines and aircraft carriers each underwent a series of revolutions in the wake of World War II. Dubbed AN-1, the submarine aircraft carrier concept envisioned using a modified version of the Halibut-class guided missile submarine. In 2005, the USS Ronald Reagan met its match in the form of a single, diesel-powered Swedish submarine.