psalm 57 commentary

Be merciful unto me, O God — Thus the psalmist prays, and looks to God for help, when surrounded with enemies: and he repeats his petition because of the greatness of his danger, and through the fervency of his spirit in his request, withal implying that his whole hope and trust was in God’s mercy. Psalm 57:7 "My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise."

Our natural response is to complain and get angry at God, or to get depressed. The phrase Do Not Destroy may refer to the tune, to David’s determination to not destroy Saul, or to David’s plea that God would not allow him to be destroyed. Read Psalm 57:1 commentary using The Treasury of David. All David's dependence is upon God... View the entire commentary. Study the bible online using commentary on Psalm 57:1 and more! Of David. When he had fled from Saul into the cave. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed. I cry out to God Most High, to God, who vindicates me.
Scripture Psalm 57 Sort Bible Verse. Psalm 57 - For the director of music. PSALMS RESOURCES Commentaries, Sermons, Illustrations, Devotionals. 2. Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, until the destroying storms pass by. Psalm 57 Clarke's Commentary David cries to God for mercy, with the strongest confidence of being heard, Psalm 57:1-3 ; he describes his enemies as lions, Psalm 57:4 ; thanks God for his deliverance, Psalm 57:5 ; and purposes to publish the praises of the Lord among his people, Psalm 57:6-11 . Bible Verse; Newest; Oldest; Most Viewed; Most Shared; Sermon. Psalm 57 New King James Version (NKJV) Prayer for Safety from Enemies To the Chief Musician. [To the tune of] "Do Not Destroy." Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. ; I cry to god, Most High, to god who performs for me. See Contextual Insights, A. Psalm 57 1 Psalm 57 For the director of music. But even though David’s enemy had fixed a net to catch him (57:6), David had fixed his heart (57…
Set to [] “Do Not Destroy.” A Michtam of David when he fled from Saul into the cave. A.

Psalms 57:1 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.

See … A miktam. Be merciful to me, O god, be merciful to me, for my soul takes refuge with you, and in the shadow of your wings do I trust until calamities be overpast. In Psalm 57:4 follow futures of hope. The refrain (of verses 5 and 11), marks the psalm into two distinct sections: his petition and lament (verses 1-5), and his trust and thanksgiving (verses 6-11). Praise is a matter of deliberate focus (57:7-9). Psalm 20:3) and not ידו as in Psalm 18:17, cf. Psalms 57:2 I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me. Psalm 57 - For the director of music. Of David.

Scripture: Psalm 57. 1.