did doc holliday say i'm your huckleberry

In the classic Western movie “Tombstone” (1993) Val Kilmer, as Doc Holliday, says to Johnny Ringo, “I’m your Huckleberry, that’s just my game.” Did the real Doc Holliday say this? Means "I'm the man you're looking for". But it still says "huckleberry" in the script. If you’ve ever seen Tombstone, then you’re surely familiar with the phrase “I’m your huckleberry.” It’s the most famous of lines from Doc Holliday (played by Val Kilmer) who’s full of iconic dialogue.

It is believed that he actually said, "I'm your huckle bearer."

Well, the first time this quote shows up in print is in … Nowdays it's usually used as a response to a threat or challenge, as in the movie. So Doc Holliday is essentially saying "forget Earp, I'm who your looking for. Let's duel." But what does the phrase actually mean and where does it come from? The famous phrase "I'm your huckleberry" is said to be a misquote due to Doc's thick Georgia accent. Let's duel." The answer isn’t so straightforward. Some of his more notable roles was his portrayal of Jim Morrison in 'The Doors' and Doc Holliday in 'Tombstone'. 50+ videos Play all Mix - Doc Holiday Val Kilmer Best Last Line Ever YouTube TOMBSTONE Clip - I'm Your Huckleberry (1993) Val Kilmer - Duration: 3:04. Shirley Ayn Linder’s slim and concise Doc Holliday in Film and Literature is a refreshing… One of the Doc Holliday legends is that he killed some blacks who were swimming… Marshall Trimble is Arizona’s official historian and the Wild West History Association’s vice president. I’m your huckleberry What it means is easy enough. Val Kilmer is an American actor and has been in the film industry since 1977.

Doc Holliday Im Your Huckleberry.

To be one’s huckleberry — usually as the phrase I’m your huckleberry — is to be just the right person for … 19th century slang which was popularized more recently by the movie Tombstone. A huckle is the handle of a casket.

It is a phrase with origins from Aurthurian lore when knights who saved damsels would be ceremonially rewarded with a huckleberry garland, the equivalent of a trophy.

JoBlo Movie Clips 405,017 views Doc was issuing a threat.