cat teepee diy t shirt

With 11 to 12 grains of Trail Boss behind a 405 grain lead bullet velocity was around 1000fps and was safe to use in indoor ranges without exceeding the maximum muzzle energy limits on this type of range. I am going to start with around 14 grains of unique, but also have 2 lbs of imr3031 on hand.
Seems to be some disparity in the six or so manuals I have regarding the use of a dacron or similar wad, one-half grain or so, on top of the powder in light loads. Again, these high pressure loads were tested from the 22" barrel of a Ruger No. I can tell you from experience that these heavy loads kick like the devil, but they make the .45-70 a serious "stopping" caliber. BUT I'd stay away from the cowboy loads. This is our favorite 45/70 load for casual plinking. Trapdoor loads in 45-70. These bullets are custom made with a softer alloy that is ideal for the lower pressure and velocity of a proper Trapdoor load. 45-70 Government Loads | 45-70 Applications by M. L. McPherson, Tue, September 15, 2015. Note: A full length article about the .45-70 Government can be found on the Rifle Cartridge Page. This ammunition is new production, non … The 45-70 is a real deer killer and cast bullets can drop them as fast as any premium bullet. This is our favorite 45/70 load for casual plinking. 45-70 Government 405 grain RNFP. I found a 45-70 cowboy for a great deal, and as soon as my dies, molds etc arrive am going to start working up a cowboy/ trapdoor original velocity load for the lee 405. With the disappearance of Trail Boss powder from the UK market I am looking for a replacement for their cowboy load for the 45-70.
Description. 45-70 Government Loads | 45-70 Applications by M. L. McPherson, Tue, September 15, 2015 Synopsis : Anyone who has worked with the 45-70 Government with loads using blackpowder, smokeless to match blackpowder performance, or smokeless loads at higher pressure, soon learns that this cartridge offers phenomenal performance.

Description. These bullets are custom made with a softer alloy that is ideal for the lower pressure and velocity of a proper Trapdoor load. I am working up loads for a "new" to me m1873 in 45-70. 1 rifle. I'm sure they're fine loads … Registered Users do not see the above ad.

Howdy, first time posting so please bear with me. Does anyone have any data for low velocity loads with 3031 and a 405 cast? All loads use new brass and come in period-correct boxes. Reloading The .45/70 (WC= WadCutter, SWC= Semi-WadCutter, HP= Hollow Point, RN= Round Nose, FMC= Full Metal Case, FMJ= Full Metal Jacket, JHP= Jacketed Hollow Point and if GC indicated, means Gas Check at bottom of lead bullet) Loads for .45/70: (Note: These are near MAXIMUM loads, you should use 10% less to start.)

All Black Hills Cowboy ammunition is made specifically to be suitable for Cowboy Action Shooting, with loadings that produce proper velocity levels and extreme accuracy. HSM Ammunition's four offerings span the gamut of.45-70 Gov't. loads with a low-velocity cowboy competition round, two +P hunting rounds and a heavy hard cast +P bear load. 45-70 Government 405 grain RNFP.