The Cloister Walk

If you enjoyed The Cloister Walk, you'll want to read these other works by Kathleen Norris, all available from Riverhead. What are the similarities for her between a writing apprenticeship and a spiritual quest? I have to steer my fellow Audibilians toward "The Cloister Walk".

"The Cloister Walk is a new opportunity to discover a remarkable writer with a huge, wise heart...Norris resonates deeply for a lot of people: She's one of those writers who demands to be handed around. If you learn anything from The Cloister Walk, it's that monks are people too. Part record of her time among the Benedictines, part meditation on various aspects of monastic life, The Cloister Walk demonstrates, from the rare perspective of someone who is both an insider and outsider, how immersion in the cloistered world-- its liturgy, its ritual, its sense of community-- can impart meaning to everyday events and deepen our secular lives. by Kathleen Norris. In "The Cloister Walk," Norris, an apathetic Christian turned agnostic turned yearning Protestant, relates her experiences (physical and spiritual) as an oblate with the Benedictines.

. The Cloister Walk by Kathleen Norris in DJVU, FB3, TXT download e-book. In the book's preface, author Kathleen Norris admits that in the past she has employed literature as a substitute for religion in her life (p. xvii). The Family Builds Bryson's Earthbag Bedroom | $4650 Total Cost for Expenses | Full Version Movie - Duration: 1:27:10. mylittlehomestead Recommended for you Welcome to our site, dear reader!

The Cloister Walk Quotes Showing 1-21 of 21 “I wonder if children don't begin to reject both poetry and religion for similar reasons, because the way both are taught takes the life out of them.” ― Kathleen Norris, The Cloister Walk. Riverhead Books. Here's three reasons why I loved it -- and why you might too: 1. 1. A NEW YORK TIMES NOTABLE BOOK OF THE YEAR From the New York Times-bestselling author of The Cloister Walk, a book about Christianity, spirituality, and rediscovered faith. The Cloister Walk. You want to share this great discovery, giving her work as a gift3/4or you simply shove a copy in the face of a friend, saying 'Read this.'" Norris’s book chronicles her experiences as a lay oblate at St. John's Abbey, a Benedictine monastery in Collegeville, Minnesota.

$23.95.

Reviewed by Molly Finn The first time I read The Cloister Walk I was somewhat interested, somewhat irritated. In "The Cloister Walk," Norris, an apathetic Christian turned agnostic turned yearning Protestant, relates her experiences (physical and spiritual) as an oblate with the Benedictines. "The Cloister Walk" seems to do this with greater facility and to greater effect than "Dakota: A Spiritual Geography."