257 roberts ackley improved

Live Chat Live Chat. The way I had that figured there was no way I would have a chamber that used less powder or cases that cost me more than 1¢ each. One of its advantages, Ackley noted, is the fact that 257 Roberts factory ammunition can be used in an improved rifl e if necessary. The two most popular "Improved" .257 Roberts cartridges are the Ackley and RCBS versions. One was for me. Buy bulk 257 Roberts ammo for sale at Short Round Supply Co. Currently have a .257 Roberts on a Remington action. 30-06 Ackley Improved.
*To properly chamber a rifle for .257 Ackley Improved cartridges, a gunsmith must set the original barrel back about 0.004”. 2. 1. i'll be buying a encore in 257 Roberts Ackley Improved, 1 in 10" twist, in a 21" mgm barrel.

i have 2 full boxes of 115 grain nosler ballistic tips. The 257 Roberts Ackley Improved (40 deg) sure looks good data wise.

264 Caliber. are similar with regard to velocities. i might be getting rid of my tc venture in 25-06, reloading dies, and 80 some pieces of rem brass. I like the idea of an Ackley because it's not common. 257 Roberts Ackley Improved. I put it on a VZ24 action.

1. Even with heavier bullet weights, the .250 Savage Ackley Imp. Enjoy great deals on cheap in stock 257 Roberts rifle ammunition and get fast shipping! The barrel is about done in and I would like to have it re barreled.

The .250 Savage Ackley Improved rifle used in this test was a rebarreled Remington Model 700 short action featuring a sporter weight Shilen barrel. Simply put, the .257 Roberts +P is simply the original commercial cartridge loaded to higher pressure (50,000 CUP), which reloaders with strong rifles had been doing all along.

While there are several versions of .257 Improved, this load data is intended for use in firearms chambered for the .257 Roberts Ackley Improved (40° shoulder angle). 1. The standard Roberts pushes a 100 grain bullet over 3000 fps, and the 85 grain at 3300+ fps. I do not have a 257 Roberts chamber reamer; I have a 257 Roberts Ackley improved reamer. The 257 Improved is all that the 257 Roberts is—and a bit more. The 257 Improved is a fi ne performer, adding up to 100 fps velocity over its factory cousin. and .257 Roberts Ackley Imp. And I said I cut the 6.5mm50 chamber to 6.5mm 257 Roberts. 30 Caliber. .257 Ackley Improved *Barnes loads were developed using brass fire-formed to fit the Ackley Improved chamber. That may be what is getting me into trouble! 800-717-8211. 2. They are quite similar except for the shoulder angle, which is 40 degrees for the Ackley version and 28 degrees for the RCBS version.

Two .257s (R) .257 Roberts (L) .257 Ackley Improved. Shop our vast selection and save! 284 Shehane. My gunsmith does not have the reamer, only a standard one. The other prominent version is the .257 RCBS Improved, which features a 28° shoulder.
i sent an email to mgm barrels to make sure it has a 40 degree shoulder, so that is taken care of.

The .257 Roberts Improved is a more efficient cartridge, however, because it is considered to be maximum case capacity for the.25" bore size. Used primarily for varmint hunting with 75 grain bullets, I have had one ever since.

Load books show it pushing a 120 grain bullet right at 3000 fps and 85 grain at 3500 fps. I started with the .257 Roberts Ackley Improved back in 1969 with a Ruger .257 Roberts M-77R roundtop that I had rechambered to the Ackley version by Micro Sight company. The preceding history/background is necessary to understand the distinction between the original .257 Roberts cartridge and its later variant called the ".257 Roberts +P." 25 Caliber.

Facebook; ... 243 Winchester Ackley Improved. Ackley considered the .257 Ackley Improved to most likely be his best wildcat. Brownells is your source for Rifle Dies,Reloading Dies at Brownells parts and accessories. The .25-06 which holds another 8 or 9 grains of powder outperforms the .257 Ackley by about 200fps. One must transition to the long-action .25-06 Rem.