why can't i remember things that just happened

Ok so, I have always had this problem and I was curious if it was normal. When I get really excited (like if im scared, kissing, stuff like that) then ten minutes later I wont remember what just happened, or it will feel like a dream. I know my childhood wasn’t a happy one from the few memories that I do have. Bullying is never a good thing and sometimes whatever the bully did can stick with a person for a long period of time just because it was painful. Like, this thought or image will come to mind and I'm not quite sure if it really happened or if it was a dream. Many can recall events which happened when they were just two-and-a-half. Why we can’t remember things before age 3-4 Ever tried really hard to pinpoint your very first memory?

The individual themselves have their personal weaknesses and strengths that allow them or don't allow them to forget. Share using Email. Doctors say it has something to do with hippocampus overload. ... there is just too much information to evaluate whether it was an enjoyable trip. Just like people remember good experiences, we remember some bad ones as well. Is it normal for you to not remember what happened five minutes ago? The mystery of why you can't remember being a baby.

My mum says the reason why I don’t remember things is probably because of some sort of trauma but I can’t remember a thing. I can’t remember anything from my childhood except for a few little things. ... you can’t remember any of it. Can't remember if things really happened or if they were a dream I've been having these experiences about once a day for a while now. This explains why a bad ending can ruin an entire experience. Why do we remember certain dreams but forget others The laws that govern memories are almost the same as the laws that govern dreams. For example If you had a dream that reminded you of your current important goals or your important unsolved problems then you will certainly remember it.