tipped matchking vs matchking

Sierra 195 gr. Result: Poor accuracy with many flyers was obtained in this platform; 2.5 to 3” groups at 100 yards was the best I could obtain. Sierra Tipped Matchking ?

In January 2015, Sierra introduced a .30 Caliber/7.62MM (.308) 175 Grain HPBT Tipped MatchKing (TMK) to expand its offerings to F-Class shooters and tactical match shooters..

I always found the 168 grain Sierra hpbt matchking to rock when we did long range with M1s. I am relatively new to loading, I have a .308 and to get started and to be easy, I duplicated the 168gr federal gold medal match ammo with the 168gr Sierra MK bullets, which is 42.8gr of IMR 4064. Despite the longer design of the TMK, higher pressures/velocities were not an issue with Varget working up to the same charge weights as used in the SMK load. it was all I had, and I would have been hungry for venison for some time without them. The majority of the groups were .4-.55" outside to outside, 5 shot groups. Tipped vs hollow point for match bullets?

I need your input on the Sierra 308 win 168 gr TMK (Tipped MatchKing) bullet as I am very impressed by its advertized BC of .535 @ 2050 fps and above as listed on Sierra's website. Following Sierra’s introduction of Tipped MatchKing (TMK) bullets, Bryan Litz of Applied Ballistics LLC has received many requests to determine the Ballistic Coefficient (BC) of these bullets through testing. That's out of a 20"HBAR with a 1:7 twist.

I want to run some load development with them in my 18" barrel, 1/8 twist AR15.

Sure, its well known about the 7mm's long range BC advantage.

These bullets have very thin jackets drawn to an exacting concentricity standard of 0.0003 in maximum variation, and their weight is held to within ± 0.3 grain.
Still no pressure signs. Even though I tend to believe the Sierra bullets are better I shot my best 100 yard group with the Hornady bullets.

The major advantage of adding a tip to the bullet is the reduction of drag, producing a more favorable ballistic coefficient. MatchKing ammunition is an optimum choice for many shooters but is a go-to choice for competitive shooters, more than any target bullets from other manufacturers combined. Do any of you experienced Coyote hunters have any thoughts about the Sierra HPBT .22 cal. I shot my first loads out of a 22-250 today. The major advantage of adding a tip to the bullet is the reduction of drag, producing a more favorable ballistic coefficient.

I not looking for speed, I don't shoot targets except for load work. Anyone tried the "TMK" from sierra? Below are Litz’s findings for four out of the six bullets he has able to acquire and test so far. CrazyIrishman. Sure, its well known about the 7mm's long range BC advantage. The major advantage of adding a tip to the bullet is the reduction of drag, producing a more favorable ballistic coefficient.

06-22-15, 21:48. Anyone tried TAC with the Tipped Matchking? Thinking the weight and higher BC would give a little more range and buck wind better. I'm thinking of trying them on feral pigs.

I not looking for speed, I don't shoot targets except for load work.

Sierra claims that this bullet will remain stable out to 1000 yards … The driving motivation for the design of each MatchKing bullet is accuracy. MatchKing Bullets: This is the classification for Sierra's pre-eminent target bullets.

Anyone tried the "TMK" from sierra? Velocity would be about 3000 fps.

Sierra 195 gr. Registered Users do not see the above ad.

The 175 grain 30 caliber MatchKing (#2275) was created to allow .308 Winchester shooters to stay supersonic at 1,000 yards. Hey guys, I have a box for the TMK bullets coming from Sierra in 69g.