tarptent double rainbow li review

Tarptent Rainbow Tent REVIEW. Designed for versatility, this tent is ideal for people who camp in a wide variety of conditions and need an all purpose shelter for hiking, hunting, bike touring and more. I read dozens of reviews on multiple tents/tarps, and did some test drives on several tents before selecting the Rainbow as my tent of choice. Interesting review. Big Agnes: TigerWall HV UL, and Copper Spur HV UL. by Will Rietveld on July 12, 2006 Performance Gear Reviews.

My girlfriend and I through-hiked New Zealand’s 3000km Te Araroa trail with a Tarptent Scarp II.

Instead of headroom only at the entry, ... Just got my new Double Rainbow seam sealed for my JMT trek.

This review assesses how the design and feature set of the Double Rainbow work for two people sharing the tent. A deciding factor for me, aside from the Rainbow's great reviews, weight, and livability was Tarptent is a U.S. based company, offering multiple shelter options, all made in Nevada City, California. Tarptent announced the Double Rainbow Li on April 23 and will make it available for sale beginning April 27.

A review of Tarptent's Double Rainbow for bikepacking, a 1.2kg single skin, two person tent that combines a large internal space with a minimal packsize.

The Tarptent Double Rainbow at 11,800 feet in the Weminuche Wilderness, Colorado.

read the rest of the review and see more photos: * backpackinglight.com/tarptent-double-rainbow-li-review-tent/ this video is ad-free, here's how to support us: Just a note – the Double Rainbow Li tent does not show up under “sleeps two” on the front page of the Tarptent website. We did meet another couple with a Double Rainbow who found it to be too small and who had ended up carrying two tents. Updated for 2020, the patented and award winning Double Rainbow is our most popular, best-value, 2 person tent.

Tarptent Double Rainbow Li (Lithium) Tent Review Gear Review Backpacking Light did a deep dive on the new Double Rainbow that I thought provided a good amount of outside information for people interested in the tent. The TarpTent Rainbow is my most recent gear purchase.

This was a fantastic tent, although heavier than the Double Rainbow at 1.7kg. But if you go to another tent’s … Tarptent Double Rainbow Video Review Amazingly lightweight, this is a great tent to have even when the wind is really blowing One of the things that every backpacker worries about when they are using an ultralight is how they are going to stand up to the elements. The right vestibule is extended into a canopy supported by two trekking poles. Introduction. I’m 6’ 4” and have been looking for a big enough UL tent for years. The Tarptent Double Rainbow Li is a 2-person, side-entry, 2-door (and 2-vestibule) hybrid single/double-wall tent made with Dyneema Composite Fabrics that weighs 27 oz (765 g). My Double Rainbow Li Tarptent just arrived this afternoon.

The TarpTent Double Rainbow is a tent that is hard to beat.

It travels in my backpack side pocket easily as one unit. In a radical departure from traditional Tarptents, Henry Shires introduced the Tarptent Rainbow in early 2006. I was able to set it up in freestanding mode with my trekking poles in my bedroom to test the fit. The setup and take down is done in about 3 minutes either way.

Setup can be done with stakes or using two trekking poles. I always use stakes just because it's so easy, and I get it up then I can still use my poles to night hike.