psalm 139:8 meaning

King James Version (KJV) Psalms 139:8. They are demonic spiritual forces. This doctrine is here asserted, and fully laid down Psalm 139:8 King James Version (KJV) 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there ] That is thy proper place; and there Aristotle, in his Book of the World, ad Alexandrum affirmeth that God is only essentialiter et actu.

In this case, David focuses on God's omnipresence: one would find God present in heaven and even in Sheol, the realm of the dead. PSALMS 139 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Psalms - BM Home - Full Page PSALM 139. I. who . (translation: English: Webster's Bible) So water baptism bears the meaning that we will be buried in Hades then raised later on. ; You know my sitting, and my rising; you understand my thought afar off. God is acquainted with all our ways not only superficially, but closely and thoroughly, as that to which He is accustomed. There is one Psalm which it were well if Christians would do by it as Pythagoras by his Golden Precepts, --every morning and evening repeat it. our enemies. Psalms 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].

Psalm 139:8 If I ascend up into Heaven, Thou art there; If I make my bed in Hell, Behold Thou art there. Some of the Jewish doctors are of opinion that this is the most excellent of all the psalms of David; and a very pious devout meditation it is upon the doctrine of God's omniscience, which we should therefore have our hearts fixed upon and filled with in singing this psalm. (translation: English: King James Version) A psalm about a personal relationship is generalized and expropriated by individuals in very different circumstances.

David asserts that God is, in fact, everywhere. We are to hate (meaning: constantly oppose) evil. Filling the loftiest region with his yet loftier presence, Jehovah is in the heavenly place, at home, upon his throne. It is David's appeal of a good conscience unto God, against the malicious suspicions and calumnies of men, in Ps 139:1-24. To him that presides; a Psalm of David. skn.

The word translated “hell” here refers to “the grave” or “the place of the dead” rather than the place of eternal punishment for unbelievers. Psalm 139:8 "If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there]." It is ascribed to David.

As such Psalms 139 loses its meaning. Ver. David asserts that God is, in fact, everywhere. Psalms 139:8 - If I ascend into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. One scholar… You encompass my path, and my lying down; and you are perfectly acquainted with all my ways. [⇑ See verse text ⇑] This psalm poetically explains God's immense power and knowledge. Importing these concepts into the text break the flow and meaning of the text. --Samuel Annesley (1620-1696), in "The Morning Exercises… If I ascend up into heaven, beyond which I cannot discern the most diminutive and contracted orbs of light,— thou art there: If I make my bed in hell, or could plunge myself into the most obscure and unknown mansions of the dead, and the worlds invisible, where even imagination loses itself in darkness, behold, thou art there.

Psalm 139.

Psalm 139:8 "If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there]." are. In Psalm 139:4this omniscience of God is illustratively corroborated with כּי; Psalm 139:4has the value of a relative clause, which, however, takes the form of an independent clause. Psalm 139. also shares with us. There is, perhaps, no other place in Scripture where the bigness of God is as strikingly set forth as it is in Psalm 139.