nobody's empire meaning

However, the saying also had a more figurative meaning: the idea that the British Empire was an eternal system, that it would never suffer decline. Nobody's Empire This song is by Belle and Sebastian and appears on the album Girls in Peacetime Want to Dance (2015) . Absolutely fantastic / beautiful song. Learn more. You must enable javascript to view this page. This aspect of the saying was not true: within a few years of 1919, Egypt and Ireland were independent, and by the 1970s almost all of the once-massive … Nobody's Empire by Belle & Sebastian song meaning, lyric interpretation, video and chart position Thus, the idea that the sun never set was true, in a way: some part of the Empire was always experiencing daylight.

Lyrics to 'Nobody's Empire' by Belle And Sebastian. I recently tried to compile a "best of" of B&S songs for my phone. nobody definition: 1. not anyone: 2. someone who is not important: 3. not anyone: . Song MeaningA song about Stuart falling in love with his girlfriend / wife. Lying on my bed, I was reading French With the light too bright for my senses From this hiding place life was …