marlin 336 straight stock vs pistol grip

Based on the serial number of c77XXX it should be from 1946. Shoot it a while before you have the barrel shortened. The 88 is of course pistol gripped and the RC was straight. (1) Remove the pistol grip stock by removing the 2 tang screws and pulling stock straight back. Either works. is this true? Ninety percent inletted stocks for straight grip rifles are $100 and pistol grip versions are $130, new buttplate included. Marlin medium loop levers. Most 336 Marlins have a PG. Discussion in 'Rifle Country' started by LooseGrouper, Nov 10 ... .30 / .35 rifle cartridge 336...pistol grip only.

"Big bore" .45-70/.444/.450 cartridge 1895...a mix of both.

My first Marlin was a 336 in .30-30 with a pistol grip, and I never could get comfortable with it, and ended up traiding it off. However, what I have read states that the model 336 wasn't introduced until 1949. The conversion of a PG Marlin 336 to a straight grip is more than a bolt-on/drop-in job. I severely miss my Winchester 88 .308 and my Marlin 336 RC in 35 Rem. Bottom Line If you want your Marlin 336 to look like something straight out of the Wild West, then you’d be insane to pass up on the opportunity to get this stock. I have a 39A with a pistol grip, but it doesn't compare to a harder kicker. I have my BIL's Guide Gun with a straight stock, but the SS SBL looks really good to … This is a good style buttstock for the straight grip 336, 1895 as well as the 1894 Marlins. More practical than a big loop lever (336, 308, 338, 444, 1894, 1895, 45/70). Treebone Carving offers Cowboy conversion stocks for straight or pistol grip Marlin 336, 95, 39 and 1897 models. Marlin Quality (factual) as of March 2019 also Unboxing the Marlin 336C - Duration: 6:53. Missourial Video Productions 21,881 views MARLIN® 336, PISTOL GRIP STOCK Length of Pull 13 3/4" Top Tang width 1/2" Top Tang length 3 1/16" BottomTang width 9/16" BottomTang length 3 1/8 " Stock height at receiver 1 3/4 " Stock width at receiver 1 1/2 " All finished parts have been CNC inlet to Boyds' House Action. I like the pistol grip stocks on the 336's and my 444, but on the little 1894 the straight grip looks good. My current is a Marlin 1894S .44 Mag with a straight grip. An addition like an ambidextrous pistol grip would also be sufficient. Roomier than a factory lever. Straight stocked levers like the Guide Gun carry well, look good, are easier to cycle and point quicker than pistol grips, they also fit better in a saddle scabbard. The only straight stock I have is the 1894C I just bought. (Do not move stock up and down, straight back only). My 357 has a straight stock. A. Releve the stock near the lower tang to allow entry of the straight grip all the way to full lock. Model number: The Marlin model number, such as Marlin 336 or Marlin 1894, is the first filter to help narrow the results when finding replacement and after-market accessories for your rifle. Which do you prefer, a straight stock or a pistol grip in the 45/70 guide gun? Buy Marlin Model 336 Stock Factory replacement gun parts, accessories and gunsmithing service on most manufacturers including Browning, Winchester, FN America, Beretta, Benelli Franchi, Stoeger, Remington, Bushmaster, Marlin, Sig Sauer, HK and many more. My first lever was a Marlin 30A (low end 336) with a pistolgrip.

i have a marlin 336 30-30 i bought new in1975. The barrel is clearly marked 336 RC, but based on a 1946 production date it should be a model 39? the ser# starts with 25 so i know it was made in 1975, and in has a round barrel, not oct. The Model 336 is the basis of Marlin's continuing success in the centerfire rifle market. Marlin straight stock vs. pistol grip...why? My 1895S pistol grip was comfy compared to the Guide Gun of my brothers, my 1895 Cowboy with the longer sight radius and heavier barrel shoots more comfortable and easier for me to hit with. While it is hard to buy a trigger guard plate outright, some shooters will trade/swap them with one another. There are two ways to solve the issue. We recently scored a Marlin 336 in 35 Remington from a friend. I have owned and shot many lever action rifles, both with and without a pistol grip stock. I have been trying to determine the age of the rifle. In select standard walnut, this style butt and forearm start at $225.00 Pictured below is an example of unusual wood that I encounter and utilize whenever possible, but understand that this cannot be made to order.

Pistol grips did exist back then on leverguns, I've seen photos of 1886's with them. It's just personal preference, and I think people like to customize guns, hence converting the 336 to straight stocks. Step 4, Lever Modification -- The working difference (as opposed to the visible difference) between the Straight Grip lever and the Pistol Grip lever is about 1/8" or so of bend on the upper tang. Variations may exist from firearm to firearm, minor fitting may be required to get that perfect fit to your firearm.