after effects reveal text with mask

One of my favorites is by using the Track Matte feature. The best way to optimize your text for the auto-tracing process is to choose a bold sans-serif font. ... To begin creating a reveal mask, activate the rectangle tool. Once I have the mask animated to reveal the text, I’ll keyframe the position attribute of my line to perfectly align with the movement of the bottom edge of the mask on my text layer. The technique is fairly simple and with minor effort, you can create some awesome transitions for your logos, type, or graphics.

It spills over about a character and a half. I'm trying to reveal text behind a moving object using a keyframed mask as seen in this tutorial: Text Behind Mask Effect | Adobe After Effects Tutorial - YouTube The problem I'm having is that text reveals early, outside the mask. There are three types of maskings, Tracking, merge paths, and traditional masking functions. A new mask layer will … Mask in After Effects is an outline or a path to modify the properties of the layers, we can mask with text, pictures, videos, and vectors images. In this After Effects tutorial, we will learn to create and animate a mask that will form a highly customizable animated mask that will hide or reveal text as an object travels through our video (we will use a truck driving in this video to “swipe” in some text.) Mask in After Effects is an outline or a path to modify the properties of the layers, we can mask with text, pictures, videos, and vectors images.

Wherever your shape isn't, your object doesn't appear. The ability to transform alpha channels into masked layers is an incredibly helpful feature built into After Effects.

See screenshot. How to Mask in After Effects.
1. Basic Motion Graphics - Animate a Text Mask Reveal in After Effects!

A mask in After Effects is a path that is used as a parameter to modify layer attributes, effects, and properties. There are three types of maskings, Tracking, merge paths, and traditional masking functions.

None of them are particularly hard, and some may be a little more tedious than others. Setup and create a new composition To get started we first create a new composition, I created a small 320x240 resolution composition for this purpose, and added a text layer that simply contains a single word ‘mask’ in yellow. I'm trying to reveal text behind a moving object using a keyframed mask as seen in this tutorial: Text Behind Mask Effect | Adobe After Effects Tutorial - YouTube The problem I'm having is that text reveals early, outside the mask. Animated Motion Graphics - Liquid Text Animation in After Effects! By converting your text layers into masks, you can create accurate masks without having to trace text and alpha layers by hand . Create a mask around your text using the tool. As many of us often do, we get into the situation that we need to implement photos into a video (documentary, image film, reportage,... you name it) The easy way of doing this is to simply zoom into the photo or pan over it. There are lots of cool ways to make objects or text appear or disappear in After Effects. Typically you can just lay down a mask or use a track matte of some kind to build the type reveal. 2. See screenshot.

I myself have struggled with this and spent time researching the easiest way in which to do it. Rotoscoping in After Effects is mostly a matter of drawing masks, animating the mask path, and then using these masks to define a matte. Basic Motion Graphics - Animate a Text Mask Reveal in After Effects! So wherever the shape is, your object will appear. Hello all, Just though I would write a post to help those of you struggling with making text reveals in After Effects. The following steps outline the process of converting text to masks in After Effects. Animated Motion Graphics - Liquid Text Animation in After Effects! To start a reveal mask, select the layer you would like to mask and then click the rectangle tool (or press Q).

This will give the illusion that the line is revealing the text. The basic premise is that you create a shape that creates the 'visible boundary' by which your object can be seen or not. However, you aren’t limited to just text. Again, this is what I came up with. Hello all, Just though I would write a post to help those of you struggling with making text reveals in After Effects. a cool and easy way to do a text reveal without track mattes, masks or even pre comps. Select Auto-Trace Creating a type reveal in After Effects comes with a few different options. Today, we’ll take a look at how to create an electrical pulsing text reveal in After Effects using mostly built-in effects. 1. Select Text Layer. I myself have struggled with this and spent time researching the easiest way in which to do it.
After Effects Version CC 2015, CC 2014, CC, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4 | 3840x2160 | No Plugin | 1.4 Gb. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to create a wipe by animating masks in After Effects.

Photo Animator V6 12972961 Videohive - Free Download After Effects Template. This effect will work with any layer.