300 win mag elk load

Recently it has been surpassed by the much larger and much heavier .338 Lapua Magnum round as a military and law enforcement favorite, but it still has its uses and its famous users/advocates. Based on my shooting experiences, off the bench doing load development and in real-world hunting situations, I feel comfortable saying the .300 Win. retains at 500 yards. I bought some 200 gr Partitions and 220 grain Partitions. This exhibits itself in loose primer pockets, ejector marks on the back of the case, hard extraction (hard bolt lift) and early head separation.
Looking to load the 168 Sierra Match King. Handloaders can take full advantage of the big .300 case, as you can safely load it down to .308 Winchester velocities, or load it to full-house velocities if you choose. load in the same weight rifle will come back with 24.3 foot-pounds at 13.2 fps. Mag. Granted that was a limited and once in a lifetime application. I am not long range shooter or much of a rifle guy. Mag., 300 WSM and 300 RUM. Although this is a fairly popular debate lets compare the 300 Win Mag to the 7mm Rem Mag and look at the actual numbers. Will be trying RE 26. load in the same weight rifle will come back with 24.3 foot-pounds at 13.2 fps. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I went to Africa a few years back, and used a Win Mod 70 SS in 300 win mag as my light rifle. I had two loads worked up: Nosler 220 Partitions, and Barnes 220 gr solids, both over H1000.

in the hands of military snipers and big game hunters alike, with good reason: it is a very accurate cartridge.

If deformation of the lead nose in the magazine box is a problem, our 180 grain Protected Point Partition or AccuBond bullets are good options.

You’ll see the .300 Win. 300 Winchester Magnum uggested ullet se Suggested Bullet Use Suggested Bullet Use 150-grain TTSX BT Sectional Density .226 Ballistic Coefficient .420 C.O.A.L 3.340” Maximum Loads Should Be Used With Caution - Always Start With Minimum Loads.

The .300 Winchester Magnum, known as the .300 Win Mag, is a big, bad magnum power cartridge.Its metric dimensions are 7.62x67mm. They made a nice and deadly combo.

Mag. A popular long range load for the 300 Win Mag near this range is the 190 grain Berger VLD. The .300 Winchester Magnum is a magnum cartridge designed to fit in a standard rifle action. If you already have a .300 Win Mag, there’s really not a big reason to upgrade to the 300 PRC unless you just want to.

He keeps telling me to come up for a hunt. Starting to reload the 300 win mag in a Remington 700. Shots are going to be 400 yards and under. has a power level the average shooter can accurately shoot without beginning to think about a muzzle brake. These 10 cartridges and favorite rifles will bring down bulls anywhere. The 180-grain 300 Win. The 7mm counterpart is the 180 grain Berger VLD. Mag. It is based on the .375 H&H Magnum, which has been blown out, shortened, and necked down to accept … This is a discussion on .308,.30-06 or .300 win mag for elk?

Some of the brass for my 300 Win mag, 308 Norma mag and 8mm Rem mag (all belted magnum cases) have been reloaded up to 20 times. I pulled the trigger on a 300 win mag and now I am looking for some factory load options for elk and moose.

has a power level the average shooter can accurately shoot without beginning to think about a muzzle brake. The difference that matters to elk hunters — as well as moose and bear hunters — is the 300 foot-pounds more energy the 338 Win.

My hunting buddy has a Wby MKV in 7MM Mag and wants to get a .300 Win Mag for elk.

.308,.30-06 or .300 win mag for elk? In fact, the .300 Winchester Magnum is probably the better all around choice for most hunters. Nothing too exotic.

The .300 Winchester Magnum (also known as .300 Win Mag or 300WM) (7.62×67mmB) is a belted, bottlenecked magnum rifle cartridge that was introduced by Winchester Repeating Arms Company in 1963. within the Bolt Action forums, part of the Gun Forum category; My brother guides Elk in Colorado every fall in the flattops wilderness area. Mag. Mag. The 180-grain 300 Win. After all, the .300 Win Mag is a rifle that has become known for its versatility and precision; hard hitting power and its accuracy. For shooting elk or similar sized critters a 160 to 180 grain bullet is just about ideal. What powder would be best to start with.